Partial Hospitalization Program
Partial Hospitalization offers a therapeutic alternative to 24 hour inpatient hospitalization. The highly structured programs apply to both therapeutic and educational interventions. Separate programs are available for those individuals in need of substance abuse treatment.
- Program during the day and return home in the afternoon.
- Full compliment of staff available during program hours for ongoing assistance.
- Opportunity to address issues encountered while at home the previous day.
- Opportunity for continued assessment and adjustments of medication.
- Encourages self-reliance.
- Visits with your psychiatrist at least once weekly.
- Ongoing assessment and care by a registered nurse.
- Group psychotherapy and psychoeducational groups led by a licensed therapist.
- 1:1 reviews with assigned therapist.
- Specialized Therapeutic Services with a certified activity therapist.
- Chemical dependency groups led by a licensed chemical dependency counselor.
- Family and individual therapy if indicated.
- Socialization and structured activities led by a trained mental health worker (for youth).
- School instruction by a certified teacher (for youth).
- Symptom management
- Medications and health
- Anger Management
- Stress reduction techniques
- Coping skills
- Effective communication
- Goal setting
- Leisure/social skills
- Challenge course
- Time management
- School tutoring (youth)
- Chemical abuse/dependence
- Post acute symptom
- Addictive disease
- Recovery process
- Understanding relapse
- Relapse prevention
- Support systems
- Disruptive behavior
- Oppositional behavior
- Daily attendance is essential.
- Supervision is provided for youth, however adults are expected to function independently.
- Signing in and out is required and confidentiality is closely maintained. Visitors are not permitted during program hours.
- Alcohol, drugs, weapons and cameras are not permitted.
- Appropriate, comfortable, discrete attire is recommended.
- Medications are not provided. Personal medication must be in its original container (youth will turn in upon arrival).
- Breaks and relaxation are built into schedule.
- Phones are available, but minimal use is recommended to prevent interference with program schedule.
- You are expected to leave the facility promptly when the program day ends.